market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Staking tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Staking tomatoes
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 08:25:29 -0500

Allan got to the market farming website and look up Hoophouse. there you find a nice article with pictures on the hoophouse my husband designed and we can build for under $350 with no power tools. We have been using these hoophouses for the past 4 years.

The stakes we pick up at farm auctions or TSC.
And about 2/3 were already on the farm and we have dated them to 1903. maybe in the past they made longer stakes. I know they made them stronger as some of the 100+ year old stakes are doing much better than modern fence stakes.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH
Check out the Boulder Belt website:
"There is no way to peace---peace is the way."
A.J. Muste