market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Winter sowing red clover

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: William Dellinger <hunger AT hunger.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Winter sowing red clover
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:31:08 -0600

I'm in central Missouri. Fescue is, in my humble Truman-esque opinion, not
worth a darn for anything, if one has a choice. Poor for wildlife, bees,
fertility, livestock, etc. Red clover, as a legume increases fertility,
and I've heard, is a non-RoundUp way to get rid of the accursed fescue.
Also, we'd like to have bees, would like to plant trees, would like more
wildlife, etc, all of which fescue prevents.

Bill