market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Salad Spinner

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marlin Burkholder" <glenecofarm AT planetcomm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Salad Spinner
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:26:01 -0500

Okay, I have to shamelessly admit that I used the laundry basket salad spinner idea from this list, modified it a bit and won a prize! So to whomever it was that posted the idea of using a round laundry basket with a rope tied to it as a salad spinner, thanks very much!!! I use mine in a bar tied in the shower with the shower doors closed. I call it the shower salad spinner. Blessings!

Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm and CSA

Gosh!  Using your laundry basket salid spinner in the shower stall takes half of the fun out of it!  Maybe you are using it to spin salad grown in a winter hoophouse. Then using it in the shower sounds like a cool idea.  Oherwise it's much better done hanging under a tree.  Hang up two and you can operate one with each hand and get showered on both sides at once.  Better yet, invite a few friends to watch.
I would be interested in what you did to modify it.  Mine is so simple I can't imagine how I could do much to modify it.  I found that by nesting two together I could strengthen it structurally and get a smaller grid pattern on the sides which prevented it from throwing smaller leaves through the grid.

The original poster of the laundry basket salad spinner idea.

Marlin Burkholder
Virginia

If you would have a lovely garden, you should live a lovely life! ~ Shaker saying