market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Salad Spinner

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: IdleThymeFarm AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Salad Spinner
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:02:02 EST

In a message dated 1/13/04 7:27:00 PM Mountain Standard Time, glenecofarm AT planetcomm.net writes:
I would be interested in what you did to modify it.  Mine is so simple I can't imagine how I could do much to modify it.  I found that by nesting two together I could strengthen it structurally and get a smaller grid pattern on the sides which prevented it from throwing smaller leaves through the grid.
Marlin,
Well, truth be known, I live in Southeast Wyoming.....I dare you to come out here and try to find a tree. There are a few sticks growing in the yard that will be trees by the time the grandkids inherit the place. The family that I bought the house from left this bar mounted in the shower for hanging clothes on in the winter to dry, so it works perfect. Although, my inspector did want to know what I used to clean the shower. Also, I harvest this salad in the morning and it is getting hot in the western sun by the time I am washing and spinning it, so the house is a much cooler place to be. Actually it was comical because I talked of spinning it up, closing the door and letting it go. The funny part was when I talked about how a bit of lettuce escapes so if you do not have time to eat lunch and cleanup before market (2pm) you can just jump in the shower and have your leftover salad greens while you are cleaning up! I really do not do this but it added comical humor to the day. So, Marlin, if this was your idea, thanks for helping me win free tuition to next years conference, Lord knows I need it. But now I am thinking that two would be quicker than one!

Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm and CSA

www.IdleThymeFarms.com

If you would have a lovely garden, you should live a lovely life! ~ Shaker saying