market-farming - [Market-farming] Garlic Powder

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Garlic Powder
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:32:17 -0600

Lucy - how are you dehydrating it? I have regular electric dehydrator that
I use for tomatoes and all and I would guess this would work - is there a
danger of over drying it? How long does it take? Then are you powdering it
in a blender? Food processor?

I also have an abundance of garlic this winter and I realize it will only
last so long in the fresh state - it might be marketable at the early season
market (or we'll just use it up for prepared foods).

Thanks -

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, Kansas