market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Salad Spinner Agritourism

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Salad Spinner Agritourism
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:38:44 -0500

I am sorry but what I saw of Ms Hilton she would not actually run the spinner but would probably be convinced to display herself below the spinner while her buddy, Nicole (attired scantily as well) whirled tiny bits of greens and water upon Paris.

Now that would be a agri tourism draw

On that note I am off to deliver veggies to the local health food store. We for the first time actually are able to sell out of the root cellar. Lots of carrots, garlic, onions and turnips. plus we started cutting some greens out of the hoophouse-mainly Chinese cabbage which cold cannot destroy. Not the most popular green around here but it is January and fresh picked local greens of any kind are a true rarity and thus consumed eagerly. Maybe this will win it a few fans.

I started making garlic powder due to a bumper crop of garlic and bad sales and at $2 an ounce it is selling out. It is good and it made the health food store smell deliciously of garlic. Dehydrating it this winter has been my best defense against colds and flu.

It is nice to have stuff to market in the winter

Especially if you get Paris Hilton to run the spinner...I can see it now,
gold string bikini and ridiculous gold shoes.

the ultimate agri-tourism draw ; )))

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH
Check out the Boulder Belt website:
"There is no way to peace---peace is the way."
A.J. Muste