market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: farm software question update

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roger Weeks <roger69 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: farm software question update
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:13:37 -0800 (PST)

I would just like to throw a little wrench in the gears here and play
devil's advocate.

I've been a Quicken user since 1996 when I got Quicken 5.0 for my
Macintosh, and I've used it since. The last version I got was Quicken
2001.

This year with our decision to go into business and sell at farmer's
markets, I purchased Quicken 2004 Home & Business. It was a complete
disaster.

Quicken 2004 was completely unable to convert the Quicken 2001 data
file. I went through all their troubleshooting steps, spent several
hours with Intuit technical support, after which I was told that I
would have to send my data file to Intuit Data Recovery, and pay
anywhere from $200 to $400 for them to "recover" my data.

At this point, I got curious. I went to the Microsoft Money web site,
downloaded a demo copy of Money 2004, installed it and found that it
FLAWLESSLY converted my Quicken data file.

After I sent a couple of letters to various folks at Intuit letting
them know how disgusted I was with their support, I returned Quicken
2004, ordered a copy of Microsoft Money Small Business, and haven't
looked back.

Beware the disillusioned customer... :/

Roger Weeks