market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bookkeeping for organic certification

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bookkeeping for organic certification
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:13:02 -0500

Pat,
Look into Marcie Rosenzweig's Templates.

Pat - Marcie's templates are not linked. This means there are none of the dynamics that you come to expect from an automated accounting system. This means that you can easily find yourself walking around shaking a piece of paper in someone's face that is woefully out of date even though, yes, you did enter the updated information but that information cannot possibly propagate to the lessor forms: a line item must be re-entered into every cell in which it is requested.

I bought it, I don't use it.

I know that Marcie is a participant on this list, but, regardless, it is incumbent upon me to also mention that I found support for the software to be inadequate, at best.

Allan Balliett
Shepherdstown, WV