market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: farm software question update

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "marcy" <marcy AT aculink.net>
  • To: <roger69 AT yahoo.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: farm software question update
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:49:13 -0700

I'm taking an AgriBusiness (Farm & Ranch Management) class at the local
junior college. The 1st year is primarily accounting principles and they
use a software program called Perception.

In the past I've used Quicken for both our personal and farm accounts. So
far, I'm pleased with Perception but I'm just in the switchover phase at
year-end. It's a double entry system, but that part is invisible to the
user. It has many enterprises or "profit centers" already set up and has
lots of canned reports that you'll need if you're dealing with a banker.

It's pretty pricey (about $600). Published by Red Wing Software
www.redwingsoftware.com . I'm not sure I would have spent that much on it
for what I needed if I wasn't in the class and it was paid for in the grant.
They also have EASi Suite crop production, planner & Map programs.

Marcy Nameth