market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: borrowed land

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bill Bradshaw <eastexfarms AT direcway.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: borrowed land
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:03:23 -0600

Kevin, we rent farm land, and sometimes it is offered for free. I have a few
horror stories but wont go into them now. If you are going to invest time
and money into someone property get a contract. at least a time limit for
use and maybe renewable. What happens if this person gets sick or dies and
the kids don't want you there? Or if they see you making money or think you
are making money and want it for them self. Thoughts. Bill