market-farming - [Market-farming] Off-topic: the American way?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Off-topic: the American way?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:18:19 -0500

A car company can move its factories to Mexico and claim it's a free
market. A toy company can outsource to a Chinese subcontractor and claim
it's a free market. A major bank can incorporate in Bermuda to avoid taxes
and claim it's a free market. We can buy HP Printers made in Mexico. We can
buy shirts made in Bangladesh. We can purchase almost anything we want from
many different countries BUT, heaven help the elderly who dare to buy their
prescription drugs from a Canadian (Or Mexico) pharmacy. That's called
un-American! And you think the pharmaceutical companies don't have a
powerful lobby? Think again! (Please forward this to every person you know
over age 50)