market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Canning...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Canning...
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:35:58 -0500

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:06:56 -0500, you wrote:

>I can meat without a pressure cooker. It simply takes more time on the
>stove burner. Mennonite Country-Style Recipes (book) by Esther Shank
>includes a lot of canning and freezing instructions. Her chart says that
>the boiling water bath method for meats (except for fish) requires 3 1/2
>hours.

I don't wish to be impolite and have you think I'm ignoring
your message, I'm not.

But I learned a long time ago (on a newsgroup entitled
'rec.food.preserving') not to debate canning safety with
anyone. It's useless. It only irritates the person and
upsets me and accomplishes nothing.

So I have a set personal policy that I will give anyone the
information which will enable them to get up-to-date safe
canning directions from the authorities in the field. Then
I will not discuss it further.

So I'm not ignoring you and neither am I agreeing with what
you have written, I'm just not discussing it with you as a
matter of personal policy.

Pat