market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Combine's

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Combine's
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:14:06 -0600

Marie,
I have to say that I have cut back on growing and become very engaged in
politics because I came to the conclusion that you mention below..."Maybe
politics is the only route to survival of the small family farm." At the
same time, I grow local food, because it, along with water, are the
foundation of life. Water is another thing that is under great threat these
days, and can only be safeguarded by activity. If we are passive, then the
water will become a commodity to be bought and sold for profits for the few.

I too, think that a discussion such as this is crucial to a positive
future, in farming, or in any walk of life.

Jill