market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Combine's

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Combine's
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:10:15 -0600

Regards to the list:

Well, I never have liked the idea of the big companies moving to Mexico
or wherever. Just heard recently that Levi's will no longer be made in
US. Who is the candidate against NAFTA etc? I think anyone who would
object to us discussing this on this forum would be wrong. Maybe
politics is the only route to survival of the small family farm.

I wish somebody locally would make some little combines but I suppose
the reason they don't is because there aren't enough of us small farmers
to make it worthwhile.

I try to buy American, but one of our Fords was made in Mexico and the
other in Canada. I've heard the only truly American made car is Honda,
in Ohio.

Marie in Missouri