market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Gourds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Vic & Pat Jackowsky" <3littlepigsmkt AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Gourds
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 07:43:12 -0500

>>Pat, do you do any particular post-harvest treatment to
preserve them, or can you just pick and sell them? >>

Hi (Another) Pat,

No, pretreatments. We just pick and sell but we do tell the customer they
can be dried, painted, used as birdhouses and decorations. Next year I'm
hoping to save some of the larger ones to paint faces on for Christmas. I've
seen them painted like a Santa and they are so cute! They also sell for
about $20. Now I only have to figure out how to paint. lol

(the other) Pat :)