market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Gourds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Gourds
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:47:09 -0400

We grow gourds most years (failed this year) and they are a good thing to have when you don't have much else. They don't rot and last for years and years. We don't get too many gourd sales most of the time but occasionally will sell $50+ at a market only to have no gourd sales after that for weeks.

They are great craft items but I have found gourd crafts do not sell well at farmer's markets for us but sell much better at craft shows.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH
Check out the Boulder Belt website:
"There is no way to peace---peace is the way."
A.J. Muste