market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] RE: winter crops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] RE: winter crops
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:49:58 -0400

Mache also likes cold soil so don't plant it until the soil is under 50?F. I notice our naturalized mache doesn't germinate until November or December.

kale, brussle sprouts, spring mix, chinese lettuce, pac choi all do well in cold weather and will last all winter with protection (hoophouse or even heavy row cover if mild enough)

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH
Check out the Boulder Belt website:
"There is no way to peace---peace is the way."
A.J. Muste