market-farming - [Market-farming] End of season?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Nan3russ AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] End of season?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:14:34 EDT

Hi.
We here in Indiana have market every saturday till  Thanksgiving. Things to sell become more decorative than edible but the socialization is just as good.
Were in Charlotte NC last week for the races and they go all year long. Did notice that most of the vendors were selling or should I say reselling boughten product,fruits, vegs and flowers. Is this the case in most of your markets?
How late do the CSAs usually operate? Anyone go year-round with something?
Just curious! Looking towards retirement income.
Nancy