market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] hello???

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] hello???
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:49:14 -0500

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 08:07:28AM -0500, Bill Bradshaw wrote:
> Glad to know list is up and running. I was beginning to think something was
> wrong. TexasBill

Tell us about peppers, Bill. Ours have hit their Fall flush; both
jalapenos and bells are producing well. Peas seem to have been hit by
rust and are doing poorly. We still have some hope for the green
beans. The last of the tomatoes are straggling in; I wish now that
I had planted some in July for production now. Okra continues.

I'm looking to grow some salable winter crops in addition to spinach.
Anyone have suggestions? I've already put in some mustard, radish,
turnips, coles, and plan to put in some chard. OH! And onions, I've put
in two acres of direct seeded onions; I hope it's not too late.

Our long range forecast for Texas is a wetter and warmer winter than
"normal".

I'll still looking for one of those wonderful diesel offset tractors.
Does anyone have a Saukville?

--
Willie, ashamed that dixie chicks are from Austin
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html