market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 9, Issue 6

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: joehler AT email.arizona.edu
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 9, Issue 6
  • Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 15:20:32 -0700

Hello,
I am new to this list, I am currently a college student, in Arizona, but will be graduating in a couple of months. I would like to start a small greenhouse growing vegetables.This post interested me because I am interested in selling greenhouse-grown vegetables to restaurants. Adriana, do you have to get any kind of license or permit, in order to sell produce to restaurants? How did you determine the price to sell your produce at? What determined what type of restaurants you targeted? I'm guessing high end restaurants and hotels are more willing to offer a better price? Has anyone had any luck selling to small high end grocers, like a Wild Oats (we have these in Arizona might be a different name in other parts of the country)? Thank you for any info you may be able to provide me.

Jim