market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] FSA and Farm Bill Survey

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Robin & Steve Follette" <follette AT midmaine.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] FSA and Farm Bill Survey
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 19:37:12 -0500

1. Are any of you registered with FSA? In other words do you have a farm number?

Yes, since 2000.  I was assigned a number when I applied for a grant through Soil & Water Conservation.

2. If the answer is yes, how many acres do you have in production/pasture/total?

50 total
1.25 acres gardens, spread out in three sections
2 acres that we "live" on including barns, hen house, pond, yard and house
7 acres in fenced in forest for browsing animals (cattle and goats)
39.75 forested, used mainly to grow balsam fir for our Christmas wreath business

You're welcome to email me privately if there's more I can help with.  follette AT midmaine.com

Robin Follette
Thyme For Ewe Farm
Talmadge, Maine