market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] FSA and Farm Bill Survey

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bill Bradshaw <eastexfarms AT direcway.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] FSA and Farm Bill Survey
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 18:21:56 -0500

Shelly We are members of FSA and use the program. We are farming about 30 ar. vegetables and fruit. I don't think the amount of acres makes any difference. I would think all you have to do is sign up. You would also have to go by there rules. (can change daily) And sometime they forget to tell you. The program we use is called NAP. Ask about this program, most offices don't know much about it. It is new from 2002 I think. This program will only cover crop disaster. And you have to lose at least 35%. It will cost you 100.00 per crop up to 300.00 max . will cover all crops that are not insurance coverable. I think the filing date for 2004 crops has to be filed by Dec.31. Then you pay the cash. If you plant at least 3 crops list every thing you can think of the cost is the same. Bill