market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic vs. blister beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Roger Weeks" <rjw AT sonic.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: nan AT olemiss.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic vs. blister beetles
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:00:19 -0700

Hi Nan -

I don't know. I haven't had to deal with those particular pests, so it's
hard to be sure. Earwigs definitely have a hard shell, they crunch when you
stomp on 'em.

Here's the description of the spray from the book:

"Good protection results, with quick kill, have been noted against aphids,
cabbage loopers, earwigs, June bugs, leafhoppers, squash bugs and
whiteflies. The spray does not appear to harm adult lady beetles, and some
gardeners have found that it has no effect on Colorado potato beetles, grape
leaf skeletonizers, grasshoppers, red ants or sowbugs."

I'd say give it a shot and see if it works. With spray on earwigs, I was
able to watch the earwigs die within less than a minute after direct spray
on them.

Roger

Message: 1