market-farming - [Market-farming] ADMIN: uninvited pests

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] ADMIN: uninvited pests
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:16:33 -0400

I figured that subject line wouldn't alarm you as much as if I put in the
real subject line, once again warning of an impending virus (I have stronger
words for it than "uninvited pests" but I shan't use them here.). Probably
most of you have already heard about it so I won't go into specifics except
how it affects this list. I've already intercepted three copies of the
virus mailed directly to the list, saving some of you without virus
protection from dire consequences.

If we thought Sobig was bad, Swen is worse. Much worse. And yes Willie
; )) it confirms my suspicions that MS & all the AV people are in on this
somehow, to drive business their way, OR who knows, maybe it's Linux's or
Apple's fault for the same reason. I WILL be checking out alternatives.

Fwiw, simply do not open any email with attachments, read your mail on the
web where possible. This one is particularly vicious since it parades as an
email from MS itself, with a subject line about security updates, something
we all consider important, and innocent. Having just downloaded Windows
updates today, it ALMOST got me...but I never open anything without checking
all the headers.

As a result, I'm putting the list as a whole on complete moderation to
prevent you from getting infected, at list from the UNC server. It's the
best I can do for now. You can still post. It just won't show up as
immediately as it would without moderation. Thankfully the list is still
slow, since most are still harvesting & selling, at least for those out of
Isabel's path.

Happy Harvesting, and may Swen not affect you!

Liz Pike
List Admin
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC
http://www.marketfarming.com
http://www.laughingbrookfarm.com

  • [Market-farming] ADMIN: uninvited pests, Liz Pike, 09/19/2003