market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Re: Rhubarb

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ken Bezilla" <kenbez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Re: Rhubarb
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 00:53:25 +0000

Marie -- the rhubarb variety = "Victoria," I think it's a pretty common one. I've even gotten seeds for it from R. H. Shumway. (It took a couple months for the seeds to arrive, but, I got the seeds...)

What's worked for us is to heavily mulch the rhubarb, keep it on driplines, and grow it in partial shade
(it's in the shade by 2 PM). Still, even with all this, out of 100' we probably replace at least 4 plants every year...

Ken Bezilla
East Wind
s. Missouri, zone 6b

MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup