market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Rhubarb

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ken Bezilla" <kenbez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Rhubarb
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 02:09:00 +0000

If you move rhubarb in the spring, a useful thing to do the fall before is to flag the clumps that're the thickest/strongest, so that in the spring you can find them before they've emerged. (Make maps also -- very helpful.) We've got ~100' of rhubarb, and being on the edge of the south here, we usually lose a few plants every summer to the heat, and so doing the above is very helpful for when we're transplanting to fill in the gaps in the bed in February.

Ken Bezilla
East Wind
southern Missouri, zone 6b

(hi, Pam!)