market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pole bean supports

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Floyd and Bobee" <floydandbobee AT ih2000.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pole bean supports
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:25:13 -0500

Kevin,

What I do is find the dumping area of local cemeteries and salvage the
floral stands. They are three legged, push into the ground easily and when
you are done with them they fold up and are no problem to store. Some
cemeteries let florist recycle the stands so make sure you are not getting
stands that are meant for other folks! I use them for peppers, tomatoes,
beans, etc. Anything that climbs are needs supporting. I have picked up as
many as 100 in a day with no trouble and was able to check out some great
old tombstones at the same time. Cemeteries can be interesting places to
visit.

Floyd in Texas