market-farming - [Market-farming] Occasional Market sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Pat Rupiper" <arupiper AT bright.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Occasional Market sales
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:26:46 -0400

Our market allows anyone who grows what they sell to come for $15 one day fee. One of the things that the officers try to impress on the new sellers is that all the prices be in the same ball park. I might get $0.25 more because it is chemical free than someone else, but never $1.00. We have all size of vendors, some make their living at their farms doing this, others do it as a side. We all try to get along and have an enjoyable morning. We do require that the rules are signed and accepted before selling, and reserve (and implement)the right to check the farms. So far this year we have refused to readmit 4 people who were buying at auction and selling. Our stuff is required to be 100% Ohio grown, 51% home farm grown/baked. This is good for our community, and our farmers. I hope this helps. Pat