market-farming - [Market-farming] Carrots, Germination

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Pat Rupiper" <arupiper AT bright.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Carrots, Germination
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 06:06:50 -0400

My trouble is not only with carrots but with spinach. I have finally started sprouting under a board or a piece of burlap, both also under a shade cloth. I have gotten some results but poor. The hot nights are making problems. I have varieties from several sources. Cooks seem to be sprouting best.
My spinach goes from sprout to seed in less that two weeks with no cutting size in between! UGH  Maybe we just must wait till mid August.
Good luck Pat

  • [Market-farming] Carrots, Germination, Pat Rupiper, 08/01/2003