market-farming - [Market-farming] Cilantro/Coriander

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: marienne kreitlow <kreitlow AT cmgate.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Cilantro/Coriander
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 16:22:11 -0500

This won't be the first time, and certainly not the last, that I ask the dumb
question.

I planted cilantro and it did great and even sold some (imagine that!). I
plan to do a lot more next year.

Someone told me that when it matures the seeds are coriander. I find no
reference to this in my books, and only responses of "Gee, I think I've heard
that, too" from
friends. So, I've let it go to seed, for the following, possibly
ill-conceived, reasons:

1) If it is coriander, I'll have some of that on hand.

2) If it is coriander, the books say it's a great companion plant.

3) Perhaps I'll try germinating this seed for next year's cilantro.

So, my questions are, in order:

1) Is it?

2) Is it?

3) Will it?

Thanks. I'll try to ask an intelligent question next time.

Jerry Ford
Hei-Low Farm
Howard Lake, MN