market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Question on Provider Beans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <wiediger AT msn.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Question on Provider Beans
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 14:24:10 -0500

We pick these beans small - about the diameter of a pencil or slightly
larger - with very little bean, if any, showing. That's when they are most
tender and flavorful if you are eating them raw or steamed slightly.
'Course, here, in SC Kentucky, most cooks cook green beans until they are
almost mush - and for those, you need something a little more substantial.
Even picked that small (6-7" long, though), Provider is a really productive
variety for us.

Paul and Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com