market-farming - [Market-farming] Provider beans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Provider beans
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 15:19:34 -0400

Is it appropriate to pick this type of green bean before beans show
in the pod? We've always enjoyed eating these big and fat, at least
until their color starts to wane. A customer told me that they s.b.
picked BEFORE any sign of bean appears. I'm wondering if it is the
customer who has the varieties mixed up or if is I who is woefully
under-informed. -Allan

We grow these every year and I tell the CSA folks to pick them as a normal
looking green bean :). I do not like green beans that get a bit too fat so
I would pick providers before the beans really shows. But I say a bean
should be eaten the way you like it. Beth

  • [Market-farming] Provider beans, Hook Family, 07/26/2003