market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ??/ sweet corn prices

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ??/ sweet corn prices
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:09:44 -0500

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 06:09:07AM -0700, Michael Lorion wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here in Central Massachusetts sweet corn prices are
> generally ranging from $4.50 to $6.00 a dozen. We had
> a very wet spring and I think the damage the weather
> caused has something to do with the prices being so
> high. I am selling corn for 50 cents an ear.

Here in central Texas, local sweet corn is in chronic short supply. We
sell what we have for 3 for $1 and that's pretty sorry looking corn. I
doubt that we could sell very much sorry looking corn at that price,
but I'm sure we could sell a lot of good looking corn for that.

Reading this price survey has made me feel less guilty for the price we
have set, thanks!

--
Willie, ashamed that dixie chicks are from Austin
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html