market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hornworms...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hornworms...
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 07:44:45 -0500

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 09:33:16AM -0400, Courtney McLeod wrote:
> Hey! Picked our first tomato hornworms yesterday. Put that baby in the
> freezer, I just know we will have enough for a good meal in another week
> or two.
>
> I need help with this one. I did read this right as you wrote you out
> it in the freezer and will have a good meal soon? Please explain this
> to me!!! Are these actual worms that you eat?!?

Long time subscibers to this list are known for their creative
consumption of tomato horn worms. It sounds repulsive on first
consideration, but you can get past that. Just get that first one down
and become a member of the club. Or, you could send them to Tom; maybe
Tom will pay for them?

Another topic:

I've sold out of saleable potatoes and am considering saving the
unsaleable ones for next year's seed. I can either store them in an
air conditioned room at about 70 deg or a walkin at about 40 deg.
Which is better? Both are dark.

--
Willie, ONWARD, through the fog!
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html