market-farming - [Market-farming] Positive Market Experience & Edamame

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Positive Market Experience & Edamame
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:19:17 -0500

Regards to the list:

Yesterday, we took stuff to the new organic market in Kansas City
(Joan's market) and sold most of our produce. Everyone was great -
vendors and customers. It was certainly different from our first
disastrous market experience a few years ago. We are looking forward to
going every week.

We ended up cutting the edamame plants at the ground and bunching two or
three together depending on the size and got $2.00 for each bundle. I
printed off a brochure about edamame and gave them out at the market to
anyone who was interested and along with a purchase of edamame. There
seemed to be a lot of interest in it. One problem, many of the
customers thought the plants were to set out. We had them setting in
buckets with water so they wouldn't wilt.

Thanks for the replies about edamame.

Marie in Missouri