market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Edamame

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: "bob AT akasha.net, Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Edamame
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:18:00 -0500

Marie - last year I pulled the plants and sat under a shade tree and
stripped the pods off and sold them in pint boxes for $3 - if you want to
weigh a pint of edamames you'll get a pretty good estimate of what they'll
sell for pound-wise. Glad your are doing well - both plantings of mine
didn't germ well and I just never bothered to replant - you'll have some
good customers for them at market - I'll send them over! One even came to
our farm last September just to get edamames for a trip!

Joan