market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Edamame

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bob Crowder" <bob AT akasha.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Edamame
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:25:30 -0500

I don't know off anyone bundling in the US --- that is mainly in Japan----
the boiled and shucked sells for a $1 a pound.
My thought is to take a deepfat fryer fill with water and blanch in that.
Then run the plants through a bean sheller and so you get fresh but useable.
Bob C

I asked about this earlier and there were no replies. What is edamame
selling for and how many plants do you usually bundle together?

Marie in Missouri