market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Best of the botanicals?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Best of the botanicals?
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:15:08 -0400

Hello Kevin, Adding "pipernonyl butoxide PBO" to liquid pyrethrum will
give you better control of CPB. PBO is not a pesticide just an additive
that allows pyrethrum to bypass the beetles resistance mechanism.
Novodor and Raven are two Bt's that are very effective but only work on
small larvae. Apply Bt every week and it will control CPB.
A bacterial pesticide called Spintor works very well but the gold
standard is a product called Admire, its applied once at planting and
controls beetles through most of the season.
CPB resistance to pesticides always begins in my area of South NJ and
Long Island NY. and makes it way west to a garden near you. If the
controls work for me they will definitely work for you. Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm.
Bridgeton, NJ.