market-farming - [Market-farming] Tips for pregnant farmer?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Amy K. Johnson" <akjedj AT access4cheap.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Tips for pregnant farmer?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:04:43 -0700

Dear Ladies of the list,

Do any of you have any tips for working in the garden while pregnant? Is
there some stuff I should avoid? Particularly while in the first trimester
in the heat of the summer? I know not to get over heated and to rest, but
anything else you've encountered? I grow organically so I'm not too worried
about chemical exposure. I've read somewhere that digging in soil can expose
you to Toxoplasmosis, but I figure I've already been exposed.

Later on, when I become whale-like, I figure my activities will be self
limiting, it's just getting through this early part while I don't feel
preggo.

Hope the fellas don't think this is too off topic! Reply privately if you
want.
Thanks,
Amy K. Johnson
Johnson's Produce Patch