market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tips for pregnant farmer?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tips for pregnant farmer?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:25:19 -0500

LOL, well, plenty of the fellas here have experienced the pregnant wife
trying to do what she can while she turns into a hippo.

I would think that unless there are other health related factors, the
physical activity would do you a lot of good. A happy gestating mother is
one who is healthier all the way around.

Just eat properly, get the amount of rest you feel your body needs and pay
attention to what your body is telling you.

Let's remember that women have been having babies for centuries in farming
communities.

I remember my first and only pregnancy 18 years ago. I worked out in a
large garden every night after work right up until I went into labor. For
that matter, I went into labor and then went into the office to tie up some
lose ends and let my boss know that it was time to find someone to cover me
while I was out for the delivery and recovery.

I still think that in spite of the length of my labor time, my physical
health was a good factor in how I managed it. I also think my recovery time
was helped for having spent so much time out in fresh air. Oh, and that
summer I had plenty of good food sitting right outside the back door. It
sure saved on trips to the supermarket. I napped instead of shopped.

Is this your first one?

Del Williams
Clifton IL