market-farming - [Market-farming] Floral mark-ups

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Richard D. Salmons" <salinevalley AT direcway.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Floral mark-ups
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:04:15 -0500

I know this is a little off the normal market farming topics, but we have been offered an opportunity to purchase a florist shop.  Does anyone have any thoughts on usual wholesale prices for roses, carnations, etc.  and usual mark up.  We will be visiting with the owners on Friday and would like to have at least some ballpark figures.

Thanks

Richard Salmons