market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: ez-up debut

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: ez-up debut
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:58:53 -0400

This year I set up a 10x20 ft canopy at my roadside stand to sell
flowers in the spring and veggies this summer. I bought it from Northern
Hy., it was not the cheapest but they offered it with a blue and white
striped tarp cover, they also offer a green and white and red and white
cover. Everyone else has the plain old blue or silver tarp which looks
crappy. It took me about 30 minutes to assemble but because its
stationary I bolted each section with self tapping screws, this makes
for a very sturdy canopy. They don't offer any type of ground anchor in
the standard kit so I used 1" conduit cut in 2.5' lengths and hammered
into the ground with 6" showing. Then set the canopy frame onto the
stakes and bolted it on. I have seen the canopy take a 50 mph crosswind
and many storms and it held up perfectly. I have also used sides to
protect plants on cold nights and very windy days. Its not much to build
the fitting yourself if you have a cheap pipe bender and buzz welder, I
may build my own in the future since I can save more than 50%. BTW those
bunge cord tarp fasteners are really neat ...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.