market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Re: Vinegars and rabbit innards

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <bob AT bidumup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Re: Vinegars and rabbit innards
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:14:54 -0500

Same here --- Something about if you take the meat down to 10 below zero it
kills what ever is bad but it was not good to eat the fresh meat. I have a
lot of rabbit so I suppose a rabbit trap might be good. Dogs like rabbit and
don't mind if it is a fresh kill. In fact they prefer to do the kill. They
like all the squeaky sound the baby rabbits make in their jaws as it reminds
them of their squeaky toys.
Bob C

Last time I checked, heartworms were caused in dogs by
the bite of mosquitos, not by eating rabbit innards.
The disease you might be thinking is called tuleremia
(sp?), but using good hygiene, you can still eat
summer-killed rabbits.