market-farming - [Market-farming] rabbit innards

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] rabbit innards
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:46:19 -0500

Regards to the list:

Hi Kevin,

Will you please give me the details about using rabbit meat in the
summer time? We have an abundance of the little critters and would love
to put some in the freezer. I was always told you couldn't eat rabbit
in the summer but nobody ever knew why.

Your weather sounds like ours. I was trying to dig new potatoes
yesterday when a cloudburst suddenly appeared. I could barely get the
fork into the ground - then a couple of hours later, we were digging in
the mud for them. I was glad to have the rain, but could have used
another half inch.

Where are you?

Marie in Missouri

but using good hygiene, you can still eat
summer-killed rabbits.