market-farming - [Market-farming] shipping perishable product

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Caryl Elzinga" <alderspring AT salmoninternet.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] shipping perishable product
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:46:15 -0600

Do any of you ship frozen product, specifically frozen meat. Our web page
gets a large # of hits; the most common exit page is our order page, and my
suspicion is that people are ready to buy, but leave the site when they find
we don't ship.

Some questions:

Does two day air (UPS) work if packed in styrofoam shipping containers with
dry ice (up to 5lbs is allowed per package by UPS)?

Is it necessary to have the shopping cart, or do some of you process email
orders?

Do you do your packing yourself, or have you contracted order-filling out?
If the latter, how did you locate a contract order-filler/shipper?

Thanks!

Caryl Elzinga