market-farming - [Market-farming] First post - new member

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mark Dyck <madyck AT sasktel.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] First post - new member
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 07:57:27 -0600

Hi. My name is Mark Dyck and I'm in Regina, Saskatchewan Canada. Right now
I'm just selling tomato and pepper seedlings out of my backyard, and growing
enough to eat now and through the winter. I've been investigating
opportunities to expand but am more in market research mode now. Our local
farmers market is pretty poor except for 8 weeks so I'll need to look for
another model.

I'll pretty much be lurking on the list since I'm still in dream mode, but
it's nice to see so much action on the list. I've learned a lot between
signing up and this first post!

Good luck to all, and my prayers to those of you who are getting too much
rain. It's cool and wet here too, but we get 90% of all our summer moisture
in June, so it's a good thing.

Mark

  • [Market-farming] First post - new member, Mark Dyck, 06/13/2003