market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] new to the list

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Art Petrzelka <art AT complum.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Frederick.Crowley AT valley.net (Frederick Crowley)
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] new to the list
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:54:13 -0500

On Thursday 05 June 2003 21:44, Frederick Crowley wrote:
> rather than sell extras to the local coop, so as not to compete with the
> real farmers. My interest in this list is mostly to learn.

Personally, I would rather have more people selling their produce, especially
in my area. It gives us a better market presence, and gets people used to
paying for quality. Customers can rely on us more if there are more sellers.
I don't want to be like conventional agriculture, where every new yield
increase comes with a promise of increased income for farmers and ends up
with a decreased price, but there is a lot of room in the organic field yet.

Just try to gauge the market price and don't undercut someone else's prices.
You worked hard for it. You deserve it. So do we.
--
Art Petrzelka
Amana, Iowa