market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] selling basil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Joe Kames" <farfish AT francomm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] selling basil
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 22:02:12 -0400

Hi Beth,
We usually have 4 basil customers over the summer. They buy 1 to 2 pounds a
week over the summer, it varies with business. We charge 6 dollars per pound
which is less than fresh basil retail, we also remove a lot of the stems so
more of the weight is basil leaf. All of the chefs tell us our basil is far
superior to what they can buy in the local super market or from other
suppliers. We deliver once a week on the day the chef specifies for
delivery. We have developed nice friendships with the chef-owners we serve.

We probably are neighbors, we are a 45 min drive to the Mass. border at
Egermont. Bartholomew's Cobble is one of our favorite places in the world!
Joe and
Mary