market-farming - [Market-farming] Organizing seeds and planting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rose and Fred Lieberman" <pyrite AT clarityconnect.com>
  • To: <Homestead-Work AT yahoogroups.com>, <Organic_Gardening AT yahoogroups.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Organizing seeds and planting
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 10:29:35 -0700

How do you all organize your seeds?  Purely alphabetically and have a calendar handy with planting dates?  Do you use a special type of calendar with notations on it?  Do you run a spreadsheet of what goes in/out when?

I'd really appreciate some input and help on this.  I have so many seeds - old and new - they all need different types of attention, such as:  direct sown or transplant early; after frost; succession planting; sown late and/or overwintered

I can usually handle anything "administrative", but when I look at all these seeds, I almost seem to glaze over.  Most likely because I'm afraid I'm going to miss something, like a succession planting, or a post-bug planting.

I need the process to be simple, straightforward, efficient.

Thanks,

Rose