market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Organizing seeds and planting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "somersfarm" <somersfarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Organizing seeds and planting
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 09:01:22 -0400

Hi Rose,
What I do, is organize my seeds alphabetically.  In December, which is a few months before we start, I lay the gardens out on grid paper and get a clear picture of where everything is going.  I then get one of those large desk type calendars at Staples for a few bucks and totally plan my summer planting.  I put on the calendar when things get started in the greenhouses, how much, then mark on the calendar when they go to the garden as transplants.  It is a lot of work, but when the busy time comes, I am a lot less stressed and very well organized.  I then only have to go to my master plan and it is all in front of me with each day scheduled.

Kathy in VT.